If possible, stage the home
- After moving out, replace anything worn looking and repaint.
- If the carpet is worn, replace or consider installing hardwood flooring.
- Have the home professionally staged.
- If your budget doesn’t allow a stager, add a few nice touches yourself. For a few hundred dollars do the following:
- Start with a few photos in the living, family room and dining room.
- Add nice towels to the bathrooms.
- Purchase a small dinette set and set the table with dishes, silverware and napkins.
- Add a small sofa, chair and coffee table to the main area (living or family room).
- Add decorations to the kitchen and bedrooms.
Preparing the home
If you have to live in the home, do the following:
- Clean carpets, furniture, windows, etc. Paint any areas that need to be touched up.
- Pack anything that isn’t absolutely necessary. Store items in a bedroom or garage.
- If you have children, pack all but the most coveted toys.
- Try to make the home look as close as possible to a model home. You may even remove some furniture items to make the rooms seem more open.
- Leave only necessary items on kitchen counter-tops and clean.
- Replace burnt out light bulbs.
- Clean closets and garages.
- Remove family photos from the walls.
- Stage and remove all unnecessary belongings.
- Allow about 45 minutes for the photo shoot for the averaged size home.
- Let the scheduler know if the homeowners will be there and who he or she will meet.
- Let the scheduler know how the photographer will be paid. Make checks out to CyberView360.
- Let the scheduler know if there’s a gate code, or if there is additional information that the photographer needs to know, such as dogs or other animals on the property.
Within 24 hrs after the photo shoot
- The photographer will adjust photos.
- An email will be sent with a link to the photos on Dropbox.
Within 48 hrs of the photo shoot
- The virtual tour and any other services will be completed.
- An email will be sent with links to the virtual tour. Note: for real estate agents, it’s important to post the none-branded tour links in the Metrolist while the branded links can be used on other areas such as Facebook and your business websites.
Just before the photographer arrives
- Remove any extra belongs from sight
- Make sure garbage cans are out of sight
- No vehicles in the driveway or in front of the house
- Open blinds or drapes
- Turn on all lights